“Ok, So what is SERVANTS TEAM?
“SERVANTS Team is Collective youth’s Leadership program for Grade 9-12 students who love Jesus, want to serve in our youth group and want to grow in their faith and their gifts!” Every one of us has the opportunity to influence our generation for Christ and His Kingdom! SERVANTS is the opportunity to acquire some of the skills and create some of the atmospheres needed for this to take place. Leadership skills are needed for service in the Church life long and these leadership skills can be as diverse as the people who have them! Prayer warriors, technical media persons, worshippers and worship leaders, games coordinators, prophets, teachers, strategists and planners, set up and clean up specialists are just some of what is needed for the Church in Kelowna to reach who we need to. I hope by now you are intrigued!
“What does S.E.R.V.A.N.T.S. stand for?
S – Spirit filled
E – Equipped
R – Relational
V – Virtuous
A – Adventurous
N – a N d
T – Teachable
S – Students
Why TEAM as opposed to “group” or club?”
Teams win championships, All-stars usually don’t. We believe in Team because we are better as a Team than we are as individuals. Team means friendship, team means commitment and team means expectation. Even Jesus assembled a Team of 12! Groups and clubs are not the same as “Team”, there is nothing wrong with these other types of gathering but SERVANTS is more than another group or club that comes and goes. The commitment is big for SERVANTS but so is the pay off!
Ok, What am I actually signing up for?”
- The opportunity to grow as a Christ follower and be discipled.
- The opportunity to be equipped for works of service
- The opportunity to discover, develop and demonstrate my giftings and serve in/with them.
- The opportunity to acquire deeper Biblical knowledge and ability.
- The opportunity to reach the people in my school, family and city for Jesus.
- The chance to influence the atmosphere in my youth-group.
- The chance to influence our city.
- The chance to influence the direction of my life and the lives of my friends.
- I am committing myself to Jesus.
- I am committing my year to His work.
- I am committing my time to His Kingdom & Purposes.
- I am committing my Wednesday evenings to dreaming together, learning more about Jesus and to my own discipleship.
- I am committing my energy to growing in my giftings.
- I am committing my Thursdays after school to Serving @ Collective
ARE YOU IN? IF THE ANSWER IS YES CONTACT PASTOR JON OR NICOLE AND FILL OUT THE SERVANTS TEAM REGISTRATION FORM HERE